Wednesday 4 May 2011

Longleat Safari Park - Day 31

Hello everyone

I mentioned last week that I was going away for a little holiday. Well I have now been and have come back with a lot of photographs. I have decided that since there are so many of them that I will make a couple of posts about them.

So what did I get up to? There were 12 of us in total and we all went camping over the bank holiday weekend just gone and also went to Longleat safari park.  Whilst at the campsite a couple of us went on a walk about the fields surrounding us. This is one of the things I spotted on the way around...
Unhappy tree by StephieStephie
I thought it was so funny when I saw it. Can you make out the unhappy face amongst the leaves and branches? I don't think that it likes the new hair cut that it has been given, do you?

Also on this walk we saw this through the bushes and thought that it deserved a snap of my camera.
Rusted by StephieStephie

When we got back to the camp site we made a mini stick sculpture that took hours to construct and much crucial decision makings for each placement of stick :-) It was used on the barbecue for the fire to keep warm as it was getting very cold.
Stick Sculpture by StephieStephie
The following morning we set off to go to Longleat Safari park however we didn't even get 5 minutes in the car before disaster struck. One of the cars hit a huge pot hole and basically broke the car. the metal cylinder thing you can see on the floor broke and went into the wheel meaning we had to take it off to move the car off the road...
Broken car by StephieStephie


Luckily we had quite a few cars between us so once we moved the car we headed off towards the safari park. The following pictures are a few choice photographs that I wanted to share with you...
Knarled tree by StephieStephie
I really liked the rustic look of this tree!

See if you can guess what the animals are in the following photographs!
I see you by StephieStephie
I love this one - SMILE :-)
Smile by StephieStephie
I think this one is cross, do you?
Who are you punk? by StephieStephie

And this one is just C.U.T.E.!
Lunch time by StephieStephie
I had such a great time on this holiday. That Is it for today but will be sharing some more tomorrow!

Stephie :-)

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a really fun time!! p.s. I looveeee the animal pictures! You really seemed to capture the mood/essence of the creatures! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard really good things about Longleat. Glad you had a good time. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved all the photos. Glad you shared with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Make My Etsy Techy teammate! I am giving you the One Lovely Blog Award. See my blog for details. http://peaceofgracedesigns.blogspot.com/

    Cute photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Make My Etsy Techy teammate! Cute photos. I am giving you the One Lovely Blog Award. See my blog for details! http://peaceofgracedesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so thank you for commenting and reading my blog. Come back tomorrow for the next instalment! Stephie :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...